In the event that there is need to close the school due to heavy snowfall or other major problem the following steps will be taken by the school:
- The Headteacher will notify Hertfordshire County Council.
- Herts County Council will publish this message on their website and the school will post a notice on the School Facebook page.
- The school will send a text message via School Comms as soon as possible to all parents who have registered their details.
- Announced on BBC Three Counties Radio 103.8fm or 106 Jack FM Hertfordshire 106.7 and 106.9 (previously Hertbeat).
- Signs will be put on the school gates.
If you have not seen a message on the herts website / School Facebook page or heard an announcement on the radio or been contacted by the school by the time you are ready to leave school, then please assume that school is open. You may also phone the school to check. Please be patient in these situations, often the phone is busy due to outward calls being made by school staff.
The decision to close is not taken lightly and we will always open when we can but the safety of our pupils and staff is the main priority in making these decisions and we do need to have a basic level of staff who can get in to school in order to run the school safely. Thank you for your continuing cooperation and support in these occasions.